Rescue Union School District welcomes registrants for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, new students and transfer requests for the 2024-2025 school year. Registration will begin on February 7, 2024 at all schools in the district based upon designated boundaries. To find your school of attendance please check our boundary map: http://www.schoolworksgis.com/Rescue/schoollocator.html or contact the district office at 530-677-4461 for assistance. Enrollment packets and transfer request forms will be available to parents at on all school websites to download/print, and school sites beginning Friday, January 26, 2024.
Students must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2024 to enter Kindergarten. Students who will be five years of age between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten.
The following documentation is required for registration:
- An up-to-date immunization record
- County Certificate of Live Birth (with county seal)
- Proof of district residency (escrow papers, telephone or utility bill, rental agreement)
- If applicable, signed intradistrict or interdistrict transfer forms and current court orders regarding custody must also be turned in with packets.
Please bring in original documents and the school will make copies.
Registration packets should be returned with all required documentation. If registration packets are not complete at time of submission, your child will not be enrolled until all required documentation has been received. For additional information regarding registration please contact your school.
Completed vaccinations are required prior to school entry for all grades. For more information regarding vaccines that are required for school entry in California, please visit:
Interdistrict and Intradistrict Transfers
RUSD will begin accepting applications for interdistrict and intradistrict transfers February 7 through the end of the open enrollment period (March 22) for the 2024-2025 school year.
Students and siblings attending the Rescue Union School District on a current, approved interdistrict transfer shall not be required to reapply for admission and the agreement will be effective through the grade span of their current school. Interdistrict applications are required for new transfer requests and for students changing schools, or those in transition from elementary to middle school (new grade span).
If student and/or sibling are continuing due to employment, you need only submit an Annual Verification of Employment form with proof of employment.
Students wishing to continue attendance on an Intradistrict Transfer will not be required to reapply unless they wish to move to a different school for 2024-2025, or they will be transitioning from elementary to middle school.
If you are interested in our Visual and Performing Arts Program at Jackson Elementary School, information and brochures are available on our website. Students must be registered at their home school in the attendance area where they reside.
Completing the Registration Process
- Bring in original documents and the school will make copies.
- Registration packets will only be accepted with all required documentation and forms.
- It is not necessary for immunizations to be complete at the time of registration.
- In July, complete the online registration process utilizing the Aeries Parent Portal with the directions mailed to you.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Age Requirements
- Must turn five between September 2, 2024 through June 2, 2025 to start classes on the first day of school.
Kindergarten Age Requirements
- Must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2024.