Board Of Trustees Meeting Highlights - May 8, 2018
We continue our efforts to communicate effectively and in a timely fashion with our families and staffs. We know not every parent, teacher, or staff member can attend our Board meetings, so we will provide a brief update after each Board meeting, sharing highlights and actions taken by the Board. As always, please let us know how to better serve and communicate with you! We want to be partners with you in the educational journey of the children entrusted to us.
- Lakeview Elementary School was recognized for being one of the two schools in the county to have earned the distinction of California Distinguished School.This award is one of the many ways that the California Department of Education celebrate the outstanding education programs and practices through the California School Recognition Program which honors exemplary students, teachers, classified employees and schools for advancing excellence in education.We are proud of all our schools, but we are honoring Lakeview in particular for this award!
- SELPA Award Recipients:Director of Student Support Services, Laura Hendrix presented Melissa Carroll, Pleasant Grove Counselor and Michele Hohn, School Nurse with the SELP Award for their dedication and care given to the students in the Rescue Union School District over the years!
- Retirees:Superintendent Olson and the Board of Trustees recognized our twelve retirees this year with 210 years of service among them!Congratulations!They will be sorely missed, but we wish them well on their new adventures.
- The Board approved the PTA sponsored mural for Lake Forest.
- The Board approved Resolution #18-11 Reduction of Hours/Elimination of Positions – Certificated Personnel
- The Board approved the 2017-2018 Tentative Agreement with RUFT
- The Board approved the job description for Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
- The Board approved the extension of the contract for Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
- The Board approved the extension of the contract for Assistant Superintendent of Business Services
- The Board approved:
- April 10, 2018 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
- April 24, 2018 Study Session Minutes
- District Expenditure Warrants and Purchase Orders
- Personnel Actions
- Contract: Director of Food Services
- Attendance Report -P-2
- Investment Portfolio
- Resolution #18-12 GASB 54 Policy Change
- Out-of-State Travel, School Bus Expo
- Out-of-State Travel, Pathfinders Summer Institute
- Change Orders #17-22 – Marina Village Two-Story project
- Individual Service Agreement6 for Nonpublic School Agency, Guiding Hands, Inc.
- The Board approved Resolution #18-10 Declaration of Need for Fully Qualified Educators.
NEXT MEETING: Regular Board Meetings: June 12, 2018 and June 19, 2018.