Board Of Trustees Meeting Highlights - September 11, 2018
We continue our efforts to communicate effectively and in a timely fashion with our families and staffs. We know not every parent, teacher, or staff member can attend our Board meetings, so we will provide a brief update after each Board meeting, sharing highlights and actions taken by the Board. As always, please let us know how to better serve and communicate with you! We want to be partners with you in the educational journey of the children entrusted to us.
- New employees to the RUSD family were invited to attend the Board meeting and were introduced and welcomed by the Superintendent and Board!
- Each June the El Dorado Hills Rotary Club honors a teacher from Buckeye Union School District, one teacher from the El Dorado Hills portion of the Rescue Union School District and one teacher from the El Dorado Union High School District. Superintendent Olson presented the Rotary Teacher of the Year award for Rescue to Erin Shoemake, Lake Forest Kindergarten teacher. Erin is the consummate educator; one with tremendous curricular knowledge, passion for students, families and ensuring every child entrusted to her learns, grows, and achieves at the highest level possible. She is highly respected and admired as an exceptional teacher, colleague, and person!
Curriculum and Instruction
Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction, Dave Scroggins, shared that evaluations from the two professional development days were very, positive with day one at 3.9 out of 4.0 for both Superintendent Olson’s Seashell address and Kelli Rizzi’s presentation on Trauma Informed Practice. Day two was also positive with a 3.4 out of 4.0 for Superintendent Olson and retired Superintendent, Steve Wehr.
He also reported that we are still awaiting CAASPP results but sites are using the preliminary data to analyze programs and develop systems of support to build upon some very strong scores. We are very, very, proud of the preliminary test results!
- The Board approved Resolution #18-15, Local Teaching Assignments Credential Authorization
- The Board approved Openers for 2018-2019 RUFT Negotiations to be placed on the October 9, 2018 Regular meeting agenda for public comment.
- The Board approved the Unaudited Actuals for 2017-2018.
- The Board approved the list of Surplus Instructional Materials
- The Board approved Resolution #18-16, Sufficiency of Instructional Materials.
- The Board approved the nomination of John Gordon, Galt Union ESD for the Directors-at-Large, Hispanic.
- The Board approved:
- June 19, 2018 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
- August 14, 2018 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
- August 14, 2018 Study Session Minutes
- August 28, 2018 Study Session Minutes
- District Expenditure Warrants and Purchase Orders
- Personnel Actions
- Budget Disclosure Certification
- Resolution #18-17, Adopting the Gann Limit
- Resolution #18-18, Budget Revisions and Transfers
- Annual Report of Attendance
- Master Contracts: Nonpublic School Agencies
- Individual Service Agreements – Guiding Hands School, Inc.
- Individual Service Agreement – Summitview Ranch Academy
- Overnight Field Trip and Contracts – Green Valley 4th Grade Coloma Outdoor Discovery School
- Overnight Field Trip and Contracts – Lakeview 4th Grade Coloma Outdoor Discovery School
- Overnight Field Trip and Contract – Lake Forest 4th Grade Coloma Outdoor Discovery School
- Overnight Field Trip and Contract – Jackson 4th Grade Sierra Outdoor School
- Overnight Field Trip – Pleasant Grove Disneyland Magic Music Days (JAZZ BAND)
- AB181 White Paper Response
- Change Orders #12-27 Marina Village Two-Story project
- Surplus Property
Regular Board Meeting, October 9, 2018