We continue our efforts to communicate effectively and in a timely fashion with our families and staffs. We know not every parent, teacher, or staff member can attend our Board meetings, so we will provide a brief update after each Board meeting, sharing highlights and actions taken by the Board. As always, please let us know how to better serve and communicate with you! We want to be partners with you in the educational journey of the children entrusted to us.
We remain extremely proud of our teachers, staff, students and families for working together during the pandemic, power outages, distance learning, and hybrid model. It has been quite a journey. It takes all of us working together to make it work. We certainly have more things to iron out, but so far we are mitigating the virus risk. Everyone is taking our health and safety protocols seriously and it makes a difference. Other districts are watching what we are doing and many are following suit, making plans to resume in person instruction by the end of September to early October. We have had one positive case, with one quarantined group and they have returned to school successfully. The quarantined group was tested, and no one tested positive. We will now see what happens after Labor Day. We know that it doesn’t have as much to do with what we are doing in our classes, as what families are choosing to do outside of school. We sent a reminder to our families to remain home if they have symptoms.
El Dorado County Office of Education and El Dorado County Public Health are continuing their collaboration with the County Board of Supervisors to provide surveillance testing for our teachers and staff, utilizing 1.5 million of the CARES Act money allocated to our county. They will continue providing responsive testing as needed, but beginning the week of September 28, there will be a schedule for our staff members to be tested regularly. The testing hours will be between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m. Additional details and information will be coming shortly. We appreciate the support of EDCOE, EDCPH and the County Board of Supervisors in this important area.
Lastly, our enrollment is down 173 students from this time last year. We know that some families have moved and many have taken their children to Home School programs or private schools. We hope they will all return next year.
- The Board approved Resolution #20-10, Local Teaching Assignments Credential Authorization
- The Board approved Unaudited Actuals and Budget Update for 2019-2020
- Resolution #20-11 Sufficiency of Instructional Materials
- The Board considered nominations for CSBA Directors at-Large, Asian/Pacific Islander and Hispanic (there were no nominations)
- The Board approved:
- Minutes of the July 28, 2020 Special Board Meeting
- Minutes of the August 11, 2020 Regular Board Meeting
- Minutes of the August 25, 2020 Study Session
- District Warrants and Purchase Orders
- Personnel Items
- Budget Disclosure Certification
- Resolution #20-12 – Adopting the GANN Limit
- Resolution #20-13 – Budget Revisions and Transfers
- Annual Report of Attendance 2019-2020
- Mandated Block Grant
- Nonpublic School/Agency Master Contracts
- Sufficiency of Instructional Materials (Williams)
- Leaning Continuity and Attendance Plan
NEXT MEETING: Regular Board Meeting, October 13, 2020