Rescue Union School District welcomes regular Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, new student registration and transfer requests for the 2021-2022 school year. Registration will begin on February 17, 2021 at all schools in the district based upon designated boundaries. To find your school of attendance please check our boundary map at:
or contact the district office at 530-677-4461 for assistance. Enrollment packets and transfer request forms will be available to parents at on all school websites and school sites beginning Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
Students must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2021 to enter Kindergarten. Students must be five years of age on or before December 2, 2021 to be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten. Priority for Transitional Kindergarten will be given to students with their fifth birthdays between September 2 and December 2, 2021, however, students who turn five between December 3, 2021 and March 1, 2022 are eligible to participate in the Transitional Kindergarten as they turn five. These students will be put on a waiting list in order of birth date and placed on a space available basis.
The following documentation is required for registration:
- An up-to- date immunization record
- County Certificate of Live Birth (with county seal)
- Proof of district residency (escrow papers, telephone or utility bill, rental agreement)
- If applicable, signed intradistrict or interdistrict transfer forms and current court orders regarding custody must also be turned in with packets.
Please bring in original documents and the school will make copies.
Registration packets should be returned with all required documentation. If registration packets are not complete at time of submission, your child will not be enrolled until all required documentation has been received. For additional information regarding registration please contact your school.
Completed vaccinations are required prior to school entry for all grades. For more information regarding vaccines that are required for school entry please visit:
Under a new law known as SB 277, beginning January 1, 2016 exemptions based on personal beliefs, including religious beliefs, will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into child care or school in California. For more information about immunization requirements and resources, please visit the California Department of Public Health’s website at www.shotsforschool.org
Interdistrict and Intradistrict Transfers
New This Year:
Previously, interdistrict transfers were for one year only and needed to be requested on an annual basis. New this year, students (and siblings) attending the Rescue Union School District on a current interdistrict transfer (with an approved application for 2020-2021) shall not be required to reapply for readmission and the agreement will be effective for the grade span of their current school.
Interdistrict applications will still be required for any new transfer request and for students changing schools (new grade span) as they transition from elementary to middle school. Request should be sumitted by March 26, 2021
If you are continuing due to employment, you need only submit an Annual Verification of Employment form with proof of employment. RUSD will begin accepting applications February 17 through the end of the open enrollment period (March 26) for the 2021-2022 school year.
Students wishing to continue attendance on an Intradistrict Transfer will not be required to reapply unless they will be transitioning from elementary to middle school.
If you are interested in our Visual and Performing Arts Program at Jackson Elementary School information and brochures are available on our website. Students must be registered at their home school in the attendance area where they reside.
Completing the Registration Process
- Bring in original documents and the school will make copies.
- Registration packets will only be accepted with all required documentation and forms.
- It is not necessary for immunizations to be complete at the time of registration.
- In July, complete the online registration process utilizing the Aeries Parent Portal with the directions mailed to you.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Age Requirements
- Must turn five between September 2nd through December 2nd to start classes on the first day of school.
- Students who turn 5 between December 3rd and March 1st are eligible to participate as they turn 5 on a space available basis.
- Eligible TK's will be put on a waiting list in order of birth date and enrolled as space becomes available.
Kindergarten Age Requirements
Must turn 5 years old on or before September 1st.
Innovative Learning Opportunities
- Located at Jackson Elementary School