Open enrollment is currently happening for conversion from CVT to CalPERS for medical coverage. All employees who qualify for medical coverage MUST complete a HBD-12 Form by August 23.
All staff that qualify for medical coverage (.40 FTE or greater for certificated and .50 FTE or greater for all others) are required to complete the Health Benefits Plan Enrollment Form (HBD-12) selecting a new plan through CalPERS or declining/opting out of medical coverage.
Those that qualify for cash-in-lieu (Full-time certificated/admin/mgmt/confidential employees and Full-time classified 260-day employees) will need to provide proof of medical coverage to receive funds and complete the Cash-in-lieu form.
CalPERS has notified us that if you have any dependents that will be covered, you must provide proof of relationship (Marriage certificate, birth certificate, adoption papers, etc.) for each covered dependent. Photocopies are acceptable and must be submitted to HR by October 4th.
Here is a timeline of activities related to medical insurance.
Open Enrollment Dates for October 1, 2019 Conversion Start Date with CalPERS
- Present - Open Enrollment window for October 1st change.
- August 12th - Enrollment/Benefits Fair at PG (11am-12pm for active employees) (12pm-1pm for Retirees)
- August 23rd - Deadline to submit HBD-12 form for all qualifying staff and proof of alternative coverage for those opting out that qualify for cash-in-lieu for October 1st conversion.
- October 1st - Change to CalPERS for medical coverage (or the start of the opt-out option) for the remainder of 2019.
Open Enrollment Dates for January 1, 2020 Annual Enrollment
- September 9th - Start of Open Enrollment for January 1st change.
- October 4th - Deadline to submit HBD-12 form for all qualifying staff and proof of alternative coverage for those opting out that qualify for cash-in-lieu for January 1 enrollment.
- October 4th - Deadline to submit verification of proof of dependents. (MUST BE RECEIVED TO CONTINUE COVERAGE)
- January 1st, 2020 - Start of new plan year with CalPERS