California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting (CUPCCA)
CUPCCAA is a useful tool for the District as it raises informal quote thresholds, simplifies the informal quote process for small projects, reduces advertising costs, expedites the bidding processes, and increases the likelihood that the bids received will be from responsive, responsible contractors. CUPCCAA allows the District to have a less formal bid process, but with appropriate guidelines and checks and balances in place.
Utilizing CUPCCAA allows local agencies to perform public works projects as follows:
- Under $45,000
- Contracting for construction services would be exempt from bidding requirements; these projects would be performed by negotiated contract or by purchase order
- The District may select a qualified contractor from the list for project without going through an informal or formal bid process
- Projects over $45,000 and up to an estimated $175,000
- Projects may be let to contract by the informal bidding procedures set forth by the California Public Contract Code.
- Projects over $175,000
- Contracts for Public Works Projects will be subject to formal bidding procedures.
California Assembly Bill (AB) 1565 went into effect on January 1, 2014. AB 1565 requires ALL General Contractors (Primes) and M/E/P Subcontractors that HOLD certain licenses to be prequalified, if the project expenditures values at $1 million or more and funded whole or in part with State Facility Bond funds. This applies to the following license numbers:
- General Contractors (A and B)
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing subcontractors ("MEPs"): C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, C-46
Rescue Union School District has a web-based process for prequalification. Go to: QualityBidders.com For an overview of the process, please review the following: Quality Bidders - Contractors Instructions
The District must receive applications at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening on any advertised project in order for the candidate to qualify for that project. Pre-qualification approval will remain valid for one (1) calendar year from the date of notice of qualification except as noted in the pre-qualification documents.
Please contact Philip Jones, Maintenance & Operations Coordinator, with any questions at (530) 672-4301. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the use of the QualityBidders web-based tool.