Welcome to Rescue C.O.O.L. School Virtual Academy
INNOVATIVE... FLEXIBLE... STUDENT-CENTERED... CHOICES...
The COOL School, which stands for Collaborative Opportunities for Online Learning, is a public, tuition-free independent study program offered through the Rescue Union School District. The COOL School offers an innovative, 21st century learning experience where students have the opportunity to complete coursework online at home. All curriculum is aligned to the California state standards. Students enroll full-time in one of three flexible learning options involving choices of online coursework, face-to-face instruction and traditional independent study. The blended learning model combines virtual learning with face-to-face instruction and allows students rich socialization experiences. The certificated teachers for the program are employed by the Rescue Union School District and are highly-qualified as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Innovative, relevant and personalized learning plans
- Engaging, self-paced curriculum
- Flexible to meet the needs of the student and family
- Rigorous standards-based curriculum
- Blended learning model offers ample opportunity for social opportunities
- Student progress is closely monitored by credentialed instructors
- Allows for differentiation for each student
- Accessible anytime and anywhere