Google Apps for Education
The Rescue Union School District is committed to providing educational experiences that will prepare our children for college and career readiness. By providing authentic learning experiences and increased use of technology for students, we will create a passion for learning and prepare them for their future careers.
Utilize the Google for Education Learning Center to learn more about:
- Google Classroom helps teachers create, assign, and collect student classwork and homework paperlessly. With Google Classroom, teachers can seamlessly integrate Google Docs, Google Drive, and Gmail to create assignments, provide feedback for in progress and completed work, and communicate with their students directly and with whole class announcements--all without using a single piece of paper. Students can work on assignments in Google Docs and turn it in with a few clicks.
- The Google Docs Suite is a set of productivity tools that includes the ability to create, edit, share, and collaborate, anytime, anywhere — using a computer, tablet, or mobile device. Documents, spreadsheets, and presentations can be accessed and edited offline or online and shared to one or to many.
- Gmail is an online communications hub with world class email, text and voice chat, one-on-one video conferencing, and a directory of contacts. You can use Gmail from any computer, tablet or phone - both online and offline. Google Apps for Education Gmail includes custom email addresses to match your school branding, plenty of storage, no ads, and administrative controls to allow students to safely communicate - inside or outside a school domain - all for free.
- Google Calendar helps you keep track of appointments and events — at school and on the go. Create calendars for your school or classroom, and share them with colleagues, students, and your community. Google Calendar integrates with Gmail and is compatible with popular calendar applications.
- Chrome is a web browser designed to be fast and built for the modern web. Browse with Chrome on your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Stay safe online with built-in security and privacy features. Sign in to your Google account to sync Chrome bookmarks, browsing history, extensions, and settings to your devices.
If a VIDEO does not play, go to YouTube.com, override the filter and then try again.
- Classroom: Basics
- Google Docs: Basics
- Google Docs: Advanced
- Gmail: Basics
- Gmail: Advanced
- Calendar: Basics
- Calendar: Advanced
- Chrome: Basics
- Chrome: Advanced
- Recorded Webinars
- Google Tools Podcasts
- Searchable Resources
- Google for Education Learning Center
- Google Apps Lesson Plans
- GAFE Videos from Certified Trainers
- A Day in the Life of a GAfE Educator
- The Ultimate Google Apps Training Guide
- 30 Ways to Use Chromebooks in Your Classroom
- 32 Ways to Use Google Apps
- 80+ Google Forms for the Classroom
- Scholastic's 35 Favorite Apps
- YouTube (must override the filter)
- SchoolTube GAFE Videos