2019-2020 Open Enrollment Letter to Parents
INTRADISTRICT TRANSFER INFORMATION
First, students residing within a school’s attendance area (Education Code 35160.5), and
Secondly, continuing students wishing to remain at the same school—intradistrict and overflow students (overflow students are students displaced by the district from their school of residence due to unavailability of space).
[Students continuing on an intradistrict transfer will not be required to reapply and the agreement will be effective for the grade span of the current school. Please note students may still be subject to displacement due to excessive enrollment.]
Intradistrict enrollment will be determined based on the following priorities:
- Siblings of intradistrict, and overflow students concurrently enrolled at the same school.
- Continuing intradistrict transfer students.
- New intradistrict transfers for students with siblings already admitted at the school.
- New intradistrict applicants - Students will be selected by lot and if space is not available will be placed on a waiting list. Those students who are on the waiting list will be given priority over new intradistrict applicants submitted after the last week in July unless they request to be dropped.
- Interdistrict Transfers:
- Employment within the district
- Continuing interdistrict transfers
- New applications (If space is not available student will be placed on the waiting list for the remainder of the year)
Priority for Intra- Interdistrict Transfer Requests
Intradistrict enrollment requests will be approved, as space is available, using the priority ranking listed above. In the event of limited space, with multiple applicants meeting the same priority criteria, a lottery process will be used to select the requests to be approved. Spaces will be filled in the order in which the applications are drawn. The names from the remaining requests will be drawn, using the lottery process, and placed on a wait list.